Domain names are used in URLs to identify particular Web pages. Every domain name has a suffix that indicates which top level domain (TLD) it belongs to. Because the Internet is based on IP addresses, not domain names, every Web server requires a Domain Name System (DNS) server to translate domain names into IP addresses.
Why do you need a domain?
* on the internet a domain name is the land, your website or blog is the house.
* you need to won the asset, it is easier to transfer or sell
* own domain and hosting means you at less at risk from other people doing the wrong thing.
Theme Keyword in Domain Name
1. The 2 most important on-page SEO factors are having your theme keyword in the Domain and in the Title of the page.
2. Having the theme keyword in the domain name is better than just having the theme keyword in the URL
3. In SEO you want every advantage working for you if possible.
Domain Naming Suggestions
* Use theme Keyword in domain selecting either .com, .net, or .org in that order (ie. setools.com)
* If domain name not available use hyphens
* If domain name with hyphens are also taken, add a prefix or suffix to the domain name for exmaple
setools.com (or site or website or my or your etc.)